For Immediate Release
May 24, 2011
Walkerville 30 Year Reunion to Support Local Hospitals
2011 Tartan Players & Staff take on Tartan Alumni Legends in a Basketball Showdown
WHAT: As part of a long and proud Tartan tradition and spirit, the current and former Tartans, are using both the 30 year reunion and basketball game to raise money to make a significant donation to the community. This fundraiser will directly benefit the Hôtel-Dieu Grace Hospital Foundation and the Windsor Regional Hospital Foundation.
Prior to the start of the Basketball Game, a coin will be flipped at centre court to determine which hospital that each team will be representing. The more fans that each hospital brings to the game, the more support their respective team will get during the game. The basketball game between the 2011 Walkerville Tartans and the Walkerville Alumni Legends will also feature the Walkerville Alumni Cheerleaders, the Walkerville 2011 Dancers and the Walkerville Band providing enjoyable entertainment. The outcome of the game will determine which hospital will receive 75% of the net proceeds and which hospital will receive the remaining 25% from both the game and the reunion. For tickets contact Kim Dendiuk Winger at 519-973-4411 ext. 3853. The ticket prices are $10 for adults and $3 for students. All proceeds from the Raffle, T-Shirts and Donations will also be divided 75/25 based on the winner of the Basketball Challenge.
WHERE: Walkerville Collegiate Gym, 2100 Richmond Street
WHEN: Friday, June 10, 2011, Doors open at 6:15 p.m., Game Time – 7:00 p.m.
For more information contact Pat Valleau, Interim Executive Director, HDGH Foundation (519) 973-4443.