Update on HDGH Influenza Outbreak
As reported on January 7, 2015, Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare (HDGH) has confirmed an Influenza Outbreak on 2 South and 3 North of the Emara Building. Currently, HDGH has 4 confirmed cases and 8 suspected cases of influenza.
In an effort to further protect our staff, physicians, visitors and community at large from spread of the virus, Hôtel-Dieu Grace is implementing the following visitor guidelines effective as of 3:00 p.m. today:
- Visiting hours 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (which will be strictly enforced for affected units 2S and 3N)
- No children under the age of 14 will be allowed to visit
- All visitors will be screened by healthcare professionals upon entrance. Any visitors who are symptomatic will not be allowed in the building
- All individuals visiting the affected units will be required to wear a mask for the duration of the visit and practice frequent hand sanitizing
- Exceptions as they relate to the palliative unit will be at the managers discretion on a case by case basis.
Tayfour Building/Toldo Building/Prince Road Entrance
- There will be access to these buildings through the main entrance at the Tayfour building. All other entrances will remain closed until further notice
- All visitors are required to practice hand washing upon entrance
- All visitors who are experiencing flu like symptoms will be asked to not enter
Regional Children’s Centre
- No restrictions have been placed at this time
Hôtel-Dieu Grace is currently working with our Local Health Integration Network as well our partners at the Windsor Essex County Health Unit to monitor the outbreak and continue to manage the spread of influenza. This is a fluid situation and further restrictions may be implemented.
For further information please contact:
Bill Marra, Vice President External/Government Affairs, Planning and Development
519 919 0033