Update on HDGH Influenza Outbreak January 10, 2015
Update on HDGH Influenza Outbreak
As reported on January 7, 2015, Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare (HDGH) has confirmed an Influenza Outbreak on 2 South and 3 North of the Emara Building. Of the 4 confirmed cases to date, 2 have now been cleared and we have 6 suspected cases of influenza.
The following visitor restrictions still remain in effect:
- Visiting hours 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (which will be strictly enforced for affected units 2S and 3N)
- No children under the age of 14 will be allowed to visit
- All visitors will be screened by healthcare professionals upon entrance. Any visitors who are symptomatic will not be allowed in the building
- All individuals visiting the affected units will be required to wear a mask for the duration of the visit and practice frequent hand sanitizing
- Exceptions as they relate to the palliative unit will be at the managers discretion on a case by case basis.
Tayfour Building/Toldo Building/Prince Road Entrance
- There will be access to these buildings through the main entrance at the Tayfour building. All other entrances will remain closed until further notice
- All visitors are required to practice hand washing upon entrance
- All visitors who are experiencing flu like symptoms will be asked to not enter
Regional Children’s Centre
- No restrictions have been placed at this time
As promised we will continue to provide a daily up on the outbreak.
For further information please contact:
Bill Marra, Vice President External/Government Affairs, Planning and Development
519 919 0033