Update on HDGH Influenza Outbreak
As reported on January 7, 2015, Hôtel‐Dieu Grace Healthcare (HDGH) has confirmed an Influenza
Outbreak on 2 South, 3 South and 3 North of the Emara Building. Of the 5 confirmed cases to date, 4 have now been cleared and we have 5 suspected cases of influenza. We have continued efforts to have affected patients in the same areas in order to ensure we can continue admitting patients who need care.
We continue to be challenged by the ongoing circulation of the influenza in the community. With that
being said, the following visitor restrictions are in effect for 2S, 3N and 3S:
- All visitors will be screened by healthcare professionals upon entrance. Any visitors who are symptomatic will not be allowed in the building. All visitors visiting the Emara
building will be required to wear a mask regardless of the unit there are visiting.
- Visiting hours 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (which will be strictly enforced for affected units 2S, 3N and 3S)
- No children under the age of 14 will be allowed to visit *Exceptions as they relate to the palliative unit will be at the managers discretion on a case by case basis.
Tayfour Building/Toldo Building/Prince Road Entrance
- There will be access to these buildings through the main entrance at the Tayfour building. Staff can also access this building through the Prince Road entrance and the East entrance near Withdrawal Management by swipe card only. All other entrances will remain closed until further notice
- All visitors are required to practice hand washing upon entrance
- All visitors who are experiencing flu like symptoms will be asked to not enter
Regional Children’s Centre
- No restrictions have been placed at this time
As promised we will continue to provide a daily update on the outbreak.
For further information please contact:
Bill Marra, Vice President External/Government Affairs, Planning and Development 519 919-0033.