Required Information on the Day of Your SurgeryPlease bring with you on the day of your surgery:
- A completed and signed Pre-anesthetic Patient Questionnaire
- Health Card
- All prescriptions in their original containers
- Your reading glasses
On the Day of Your Surgery· Please ask for directions to the Cataract Surgery Registration Desk.
- Please arrive two hours before your surgery.
- For safety and comfort, please wear loose fitting, two-piece clothing with short sleeves and a button top and socks and flat shoes.
- You must arrange for a ride home following your surgery. Please tell us the name and contact number of your ride or if you plan to take a taxi home. If you do not have a ride home your surgery will be cancelled.
- Contact Person – it is important that you select one responsible member of your family or a close friend as your information contact.
- Eating and Drinking Before Surgery – nothing after midnight prior to your surgery day.
- Medications – If you usually take medications in the morning, take them with just a sip of water unless instructed otherwise.
- If you are a diabetic do not take you diabetic medication unless your surgeon instructs you to. Bring your insulin or diabetic pills with you to the hospital.
- If you take Aspirin or blood thinners regularly, ask your surgeon for instructions.
- If your first language is not English and you require an interpreter, please arrange to have one accompany you to the hospital. If you are not able to arrange for an interpreter, let us know and we can help arrange one for you.
Operating Room Policy
- All jewelry should be removed before you come to the hospital to avoid risk of loss or unintended injury to hospital staff or equipment. This includes any body ornament such as religious or cultural items, body jewelry, captive bead ring, etc.
- Please remove all eye makeup.
- Leave your valuables such as cash and credit cards at home.
- Only one visitor is allowed to be with you before and after surgery.
Are You Ready Checklist?
- Have you completed and signed the Pre-anesthetic Questionnaire?
- Do you have your Health Card with you?
- Do you have all of your medications in their original containers with you?
- Has all jewelry been removed?
- Have all valuables been left at home?
- Do you have the name and number of the person who will drive you home?
Please click here to print a copy of this information for your use.