Hôtel-Dieu Grace Hospital’s Community Clinics offer a wide range of specialty services to better meet the healthcare needs of our clients.
In 2005, the specialized Ambulatory Care Program at HDGH provided coordinated care to over 33,000 patients. Services are provided by our Specialists, BY REFERRAL ONLY.
Asthma in Windsor and Essex County is prevalent in our Adults and Children. It is a chronic condition in Canada, and is especially widespread in this area. The Asthma Clinic provides sufferers with education and care through:
- Identification of triggers that patients are sensitive to, so they can limit or avoid exposure to them.
- determining whether work or exercise makes their condition worse.
- teaching them how to keep their asthma under control.
Central Venous Access Device Assessment Clinic
Our professional team provides assessments, trouble shooting and management techniques to obtain patency to the lines.
The primary focus of this clinic is, Adult Diabetes. Our professionals provide monitoring of health status, treatment, education and follow-up.
Internal Medicine Clinic
This clinic provides medical assessment and diagnosis for patients presenting with Cardiac/Gastro-Intestinal and Internal disorders. Further diagnostics, additional referrals and follow-up care are arranged as needed.
Infectious Disease Specialist Clinic
This clinic offers assessment, treatment and follow-up for patients.
Education, treatment and follow-up for patients with drug addictions.
The Department of Neurosciences has established several clinics:
- Neuromuscular (EMG): Assessment and diagnosis for patients requiring non-invasive EMG studies. Patients referred will have a diagnostic EMG study carried out and interpreted.
- Neurology: Expedites urgent neurological care for patients who are referred from the Emergency Department, Physician’s Office, or walk-in clinic.
- Neuro-Surgery: Expedites urgent assessment and diagnosis, and treatment for Brain Tumours, Skull Base/Vascular disorders, and Complex Spinal problems.
- T.I.A.: The urgent TIA clinic was established to help quickly diagnose and treat individuals presenting in Emergency, walk-in clinics or Physicians’ Offices, with definitive symptoms of a Stroke. Patients are assessed by our professional team who provide immediate care, diagnostic tests, education and follow-up services.
This clinic accepts referrals for eye disorders and minor ocular surgical procedures that can easily be accommodated in a clinic setting without sedation.
Laser Eye Clinic
For the treatment of patients who require Laser treatment of eye disorders including acute glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, and for post cataract surgical patients requiring intervention.
Orthopaedic Fracture Clinic
Post-operative follow-up care, consultations, injections, and emergency referrals for orthopaedic patients, are provided in this clinic.
For assessment and treatment of patients with lung conditions.
Comprehensive assessment and follow-up, for a variety of Arthritic and Systemic Disorders.
- General and Plastic Surgery: Accepts referrals for assessment, treatment and post-surgical follow-up care.
- Post-Operative Follow-Up: Patients are referred for a post-operative visit to assess wounds, dressings, and to remove sutures and staples.
- Vascular/Thoracic Clinic: For patients with Vascular or Thoracic problems and for Cancer patients who require urgent assessment, diagnosis and treatment.
This clinic provides assessment, treatment and follow-up for patients who require an Enterostomal or Wound Therapist. On-going education for patients and their families is an integral component for recovery.