- There is no specific preparation for this test.
- Eat & drink as usual.
- Take prescribed medications as usual
- You will be requested to have a chest x-ray prior to or immediately after your lung scan.
- You will inhale a radioactive argon gas mixture followed by a series of images.
- You will then receive a radioactive injection followed by another series of images.
- The test will take approximately 1 - 1.5 hours to complete and your doctor will be contacted with the results before you leave the hospital.