Hôtel-Dieu Grace Hospital’s Rehabilitation Department provides physiotherapy, occupational therapy, and speech and language pathology services to the residents of Windsor-Essex County and Chatham-Kent County.
- Identify and assess physical impairments, functional limitations, pain and disability and their impact on physical ability and function
- Maximize patient independence and performance.
- Develop an individualized plan of care focused on mutually determined physical and functional goals.
Speech and Language Pathologists
- Assess the performance of functional activities in the areas of self care, leisure and productivity.
- Identify occupational performance needs and determine goals in collaboration with clients.
- Teach new and build on pre-existing skills to optimize occupational performance and adaptation.
- Educate and provide strategies and resources for adapting the person, occupation and/or environment.
Hours of Operation:
- Assess speech, voice, language, cognitive communication and swallowing function.
- Identify disorders and provide rehabilitative treatment and preventative measures.
- Develop and recommend alternative communication strategies.
- Recommend strategies to improve swallowing function.
Physiotherapy:Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PMHoliday and weekend call: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM for chest physiotherapy only
Occupational Therapy: Monday – Friday 7:15 AM – 3:15 PM
Speech and Language Pathology: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Extensions: OT and SLP: 973-4411, ext. 3370
PT: 973-4411, ext. 7542
* Rehab staff can also be called on their pagers