COVID Recovery Program
Effective August 1, 2022, the COVID Recovery Program (CRP) will be transitioning to an interim service delivery model while we pursue long-term and sustainable service delivery solutions. Referrals CRP will be absorbed into existing HDGH Abulatory and CMHA Mental Health programming where appropriate.
Referrals should be sent through Primary Care to each Ambulatory/Mental Health referral:
- Coordinated Access through CMHA: 519-257-5111 ext. 72621
- Patients experiencing mental health-related concerns (depression, anxiety, suicidal ideation, grief, PTSD…)
- Patients may self-refer to this service
- Specialized Geriatrics (GMHOT):
- Patients who are over the age of 65 and are experiencing mental health concerns related to their COVID diagnosis
- Specialized Neurologic and Complex Rehab Clinic:
- Patients experiencing difficulty resuming activities of daily living, brain fog, significant level of fatigue affecting daily function, patients requiring assistance with implementing energy conservation strategies, significant deconditioning
Referrals for the COVID Recovery Program must be made by a physician or nurse practitioner.
These existing programs are funded by the Ministry of Health. There is no cost to you for this service.
Upon arrival to HDGH please present to the Central Registration Department, prior to proceeding to your appointment. Central Registration is located within the main entrance, across from the Courtyard Café.
Please arrive 15 min before your appointment in order to allow enough time to register.
Virtual Education Series
Check out our Virtual Education Series to learn more about your COVID recovery journey
We interviewed COVID survivor and COVID Recovery Program patient advocate Domenic Scandale about his experiences with the program. Watch his video interviews at www.hdgh.org/CRPtestimonials.