Community Withdrawal Management Services
Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare’s Community Withdrawal Management Services (WMS) supports those in our community, 16 years of age and older, who prefer to withdraw from drugs and/or alcohol at home or in another safe, supportive environment.
With guidance from a full team of male and female Chemical Dependency Counsellors, Certified Canadian Addiction Counsellors, GAIN Administrators and Trainers, and Acudetox-Certified staff, including one full-time staff member based in Leamington, the program offers a number of support services including:
- Pre-withdrawal planning
- Active withdrawal monitoring
- Aftercare – including streamlined access to ongoing treatment and recovery services where appropriate
- Case coordination and planned admissions with internal and external partners to ensure access and continuation of care
- Global Appraisal of Individual Needs Q3 Motivational Interviewing (GAIN-Q3 MI) Assessment
- Individualized Recovery Plan of Care
- Naloxone training and distribution
Referrals to our program can be made by anyone concerned for the well-being of another, however, admission is voluntary.
Withdrawal Management Centre
3740 Connaught Ave.
Windsor, ON N9C 3Z4
Phone: (519) 819-7832 or (519) 564-6979
Monday to Friday
8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Erie Shores Healthcare
194 Talbot St. W.
Leamington, ON N8H1N9
Windsor-Essex Community Health Centre (Leamington Site)
33 Princess St. #450
Leamington, ON N8H5C5
Phone: (519) 257-9745