COVID-19 (NOVEL CORONAVIRUS)
The safety and security of our Windsor-Essex community, our patients, and our staff here at Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare is our top priority. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 developments and continue to work together based on the most current direction from the provincial Medical Officer of Health and the Government of Canada.
Current # of in-patients in hospital with confirmed COVID-19 - less than 5
*updated June 9, 2022 at 9:00 a.m.
Precautions at HDGH
Effective Thursday, May 19, 2022 HDGH welcomes Designated Care Partners (DCPs) and general visitors (non-DCPs) into the organization.
Visit our Patient Visitation page for the most up-to-date information.
- All individuals (except for patients and clients) who are entering an HDGH location must show their proof of being fully vaccinated (evidencing 14 days have passed since their second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine), along with the enhanced proof of vaccine QR Code, a valid photo ID that confirms identity or will be denied entry.
- No patient or client will be denied entry or care due to vaccination status.
- Regardless of vaccination status all individuals entering HDGH will be required to wear hospital-approved Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as directed by the hospital.
- Please remember that the COVID-19 pandemic continues to be an evolving public health crisis and HDGH reserves the right to amend this policy as needed.
- Entry points to our main campus will be limited to the Tayfour Building main entrance and Emara Building main entrance. Entrances at our Crisis and Mental Wellness Centre (TSC) and Withdrawal Management Services programs are also restricted through the main entrances. Signage has been placed at all entry points notifying as such.
Release of Information
HDGH's Release of Information (ROI) office will not be open for in-person services until further notice. For any ROI requests, you may call the office at (519) 257-5111 ext. 74153 or 74109, Fax (519) 257-5107 or email: HDGHROI@hdgh.org. There will be no change to requests received via mail.
Do you have symptoms?
Please visit the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit for direction.
For more information, visit the following links which provide the most accurate, updated, and trusted sources of information.