COVID-19 (NOVEL CORONAVIRUS)
The safety and security of our Windsor-Essex community, our patients, and our staff here at Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare is our top priority. Visitation at HDGH has been modified to protect our patients, clients, and community. It is important to remember that individuals who are in the hospital need their rest and time to recover.
Precautions at HDGH
Do you have symptoms?
All visitors must be free of contagious diseases, infections or flu like symptoms and must respect the hospital's (posted) infection control alerts. The hospital remains a high-risk environment caring for some of our community’s most vulnerable patients. If you are sick please do not to visit!
All Individuals entering the campus must adhere to the following:
- All visitors must wear a hospital-issued surgical mask at all times when inside an HDGH building
- All visitors must follow signage posted throughout the campus, including signage outside of patient/client rooms. When in doubt, always connect with one of our team members to understand the signage and to ensure you are using the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required to keep you and your love one safe..
- Individuals are required to practice proper hand hygiene.
- Patients and ECPs are able to visit in the sunrooms, atriums, cafeterias, and outdoors as long as they remain in compliance with personal protective equipment and other health and safety protocols/signage.
- Visitation is limited to two individuals at the patient’s bedside
Please note HDGH reserves the right to amend visitation at any time
Complex Medical Care and Rehabilitation Units
- General Visitation between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. (7 days/week, holidays included)
- Essential Care Partners are welcome to attend after hours. To learn more about how to become an Essential Care Partner please speak with the unit manager.
- There are no time restrictions for visiting in our Palliative Care unit
Toldo Neurobehavioural Institute (TNI) - Inpatient Mental Health and Addictions
- All patients and clients may have an unrestricted number of ECPs and general visitors (non-ECPs) with only two (2) ECPs/visitors allowed to visit at a time.
- Please note only ECPs are allowed to visit in patient rooms. General visitors must use common spaces for visits.
- Visiting hours:
- ECPs - 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., 7 days/week, holidays included.
- General Visitation - 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m., 7 days/week, holidays included; with an additional time from 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. on weekends and holidays.
Regional Children’s Centre
- There are no time restrictions for visiting the Regional Children’s Centre
Infection Prevention and Control Training
Stay Connected with our Patients
- HDGH Guest Wi-Fi is available for patients to allow video calls to family and friends. The "Guest" network can be found through your wireless settings and is free of charge.
- The hospital supports the use of technology to connect with your loved ones through virtual options, like FaceTime, or telephone calls.
- Request a virtual visit here.
- Call your loved one in their room through the switchboard at 519.257.5111
- Patients are encouraged to bring their own devices possible to stay connected to loved ones through FaceTime, Skype, etc.
- When patients do not have access to their own personal devices, assistance may be provided to access to technology and assist with virtual visitation.
- Send an E-card to your loved one. E-cards are a free service enabling you to send a personalized message to your loved one or friend. These are printed and delivered to patients who do not have access to email.