The MHAUCC is a central access point for adults or youth aged 16 years or older who cannot safely wait for community mental health and addiction support. The service is intended for those experiencing a mental health or addiction crisis or who are having an acute and serious need who are at risk of worsening mental health conditions that may require hospitalization.
Reporting to the Program Manager, The RN is responsible for patient assessment, priority setting, implementing MHAUCC nursing care and initiation of treatment, crisis intervention and the education of both patients and their families. In collaboration with the patient, family and other team members, the registered nurse is responsible for ongoing assessment and monitoring of the patient’s health status. All employees are required to comply with all safety procedures and safe working techniques and to report any unsafe conditions that come to their attention to their supervisor. The RN complies with the Occupational Health and Safety standards for the hospital and is proactive in promoting a safe work environment. The Registered Nurse will work in the Mental Health Urgent Care Centre.
• One year of previous mental health nursing experience - required
• Knowledge and understanding of mental health care and the Mental Health Act
• Availability for all shifts – required
• Ability to participate in education and quality assurance project
• Good interpersonal skills and effective communication abilities
Education and/or Certification:
• Current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
• Current BCLS (CPR); required
• Intravenous Access and Care Certified - preferred
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.