Future Job Opportunities
Registered Practical Nurse
Reporting to the Nurse Manager and under the direction of the Registered Nursing Staff, the R.P.N. is responsible for the provision of safe, effective and ethical nursing care. This includes assisting the R.N. with patient assessment and development of the patient care plan; collecting, recording and reporting patient information as appropriate; identifying nursing problems and participating in their resolution. Assisting and guiding the development and performance of non-registered nursing staff; and participating in quality assurance activities, and other committees as requested. The R.P.N. is also responsible for their personal education and professional development. All employees are required to comply with all safety procedures and safe working techniques and to report any unsafe conditions that come to their attention to their supervisor. The R.P.N. complies with the Occupational Health and Safety standards for the hospital and is proactive in promoting a safe work environment.
• Thorough knowledge of nursing principles, procedures, and practices in accordance with the Standards of Practice of the College of Nurses and the regulations of the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA)
• Availability for all shifts - required
• Experience in related clinical practice area preferred; ability to problem solve and work both independently and as a member of the interdisciplinary team - required
• Ability to participate in education and quality assurance project
• Good interpersonal skills and effective communication abilities
• Demonstrated commitment to professional development
• General good health and a level of fitness appropriate for the demands of the position
• Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment
• Excellent communication skills with the command of the French language considered an asset.
• Hotel-Dieu Grace Healthcare is committed to providing accessible employment practices that follow the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please let our recruitment team know.
Education and/or Certification:
• Graduate of an approved Registered Practical Nurse Program or Registered Nursing Assistant Program
• Current certificate of Registration issued through the College of Nurses of Ontario – required
• Palliative Care Level I - preferred
• Asepsis Course Certificate (if pre-1985 graduate) - required
• Successful completion of an approved Pharmacology Program at a Community College – required
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.