The Health Information Management Clerk is an integrated support service position that encompasses creation of and management of the Health Record. The HIM clerk is responsible for ensuring the Health Record is accessible for all Internal and External customers, registration of all inpatient, ECT and various outpatient in-person and virtual registrations, bed allocation, accuracy of ADT census activity, quantitative analysis of all patient documents within the record, scanning and validation in the electronic document storage system. This position will provide information/documents to circle of care ie: physician offices, LTC. The Health Information Management Clerk complies with the Health and Safety Standards for the organization and is proactive in promoting a safe work environment
· Accountable to understand Privacy Legislation, ROI policies and Hospital POLICIES and Procedures. Assist in reconciliation of volumes with various clinics/ programs.
· Daily census reconciliation, validation of admissions, separations, and transfers. Follow up / investigate and correction of census, registration ADT errors.
· General reception duties including: answering telephone calls, photocopying of patient records, disseminating reports, retrieving information from automated printer.
· Maintain competency in management of ADT, the electronic health record (Cerner) , and reporting software tools (Microsoft Office).
· Pre-admit and Register Inpatient admissions and Outpatient visits (in-person and/or virtual) as required ensuring validation of insurance, accurate demographic information and accurate codes are used.
· Real time bed allocation and monitoring of inpatient room status.
· Release of patient information both external and internal within circle of care i.e.: physician's offices/ clinics, LTC.
· Retrieval, prepping, scanning and validation of Inpatient, Outpatient and Day Surgery records with quality, accuracy and validation.
· Health record retention/storage and destruction oversight and facilitation.