Crisis & Mental Wellness Centre
The Crisis & Mental Wellness Centre (located within the Transitional Stability Centre) is an integrated interagency model of care delivered outside of the walls of Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare. The Crisis & Mental Wellness Centre provides support for individuals identified as frequent users of Emergency Services, including Emergency Department, ambulance and police services, homeless or at risk of being homeless, having minor infractions of the law, and those experiencing a mental health or substance abuse event who don’t need admission to a hospital, but need stabilization and care coordination.
An inter-professional team onsite at the Crisis & Mental Wellness Centre provides one-on-one (1-1) sessions with clients as well as supportive group programs. The Crisis & Mental Wellness Centre collaborates with community organizations to provide clients with support/care services while ensuring tight client connections upon discharge. Client involvement can be up to five (5) weeks. Timelines are flexible based on client's needs.
- Individuals aged 16 and over experiencing a mental health or substance abuse event not requiring urgent care
- Do not require medical or psychiatric treatment in a hospital emergency department or an admission to a hospital bed
- Are currently receiving services from agencies and community organizations and need to have services coordinated
- Voluntary participation
- Frequently use Emergency Department, Police Services and/or EMS
- Most likely homeless, at risk thereof or living in substandard housing
- May have minor infractions with the law and involvement with the court system
- Difficult to engage
- Are not violent or sexual offenders
- Do not present as a danger to self or others
Referrals are received from hospitals and community providers. Self-referrals are also encouraged.
All referrals are screened for safety and suitability.
The Crisis & Mental Wellness Centre
Transitional Stability Centre
744 Ouellette Ave.
Windsor, ON, N9A 1C3
Phone: (519) 257-5224
Fax: (519) 973-0613
Hours of Operation
8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. 7 days a week.
Integrated Manager Mental Health Services
Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare / Canadian Mental Health Association Windsor-Essex County Branch
(519) 257-5111 ext. 72607
Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare
(519) 257-5111 ext. 72676