Triple P Groups
*for parents with children 2-12 years old
What are Triple P Groups?
Group Triple P is a great opportunity to meet other parents in similar situations - other parents who'll support you and share stories with you.
From the start, you'll be given tips and suggestions to fit the needs of your family. You'll see scenes from the Every Parent's Survival Guide DVD, which show you how the ideas work in real life. And your workbook will give you the tools and information you need to start positive parenting right away at home. Your Triple P provider will guide you every step of the way and even provide backup phone support as you put your new skills into practice.
In Triple P Group programs you'll learn about:
- Building positive relationships with your children
- Dealing positively and consistently with problem behaviour
- Encouraging behaviour from your children that you like
- Planning ahead to avoid or manage difficult situations
- Taking care of yourself as a parent
Groups are run by accredited Triple P practitioners. There are six 2-hour classroom sessions and two 15 to 30 minute telephone sessions to talk about your individual progress, then a final group classroom session.