Join the Youth Advisory Council
Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare (HDGH) is a regional non-acute healthcare hospital located at 1453 Prince Road in Windsor, Ontario. We provide a vast array of inpatient & outpatient programs and services including Specialized Adult Mental Health and Addictions, Complex Medical and Palliative Care, Rehabilitation, and Children and Youth Mental Health services through our Regional Children's Centre. We have a deep-rooted passion for providing the best possible care to our community and living our vision of creating a healthier Windsor-Essex County.
It is our goal to continue to invest in the future of our community by working ahead of people getting sick and producing an overall positive impact on our entire region. In order to achieve this goal, we recognize the benefits of hearing from the voices of our future leaders: our youth. We need you to help us shape the future of healthcare in Windsor-Essex County.
Our team is excited to be in the initial planning stages of lauching the Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare Youth Adivsory Council. This council will be made up of members, like you, who share in our dedication and vision of advancing the health of our patients and region.
Those selected to be a part of this exciting new initiative will work directly with our Executive Leadership Team, Board of Directors, and our frontline staff, to advise and provide feedback on hospital programs, services, new initiatives, and community engagement. Our Youth Advisory Council will be a key part of the HDGH governance decision making process.
We recognize that our community is diverse and full of incredible young minds. We are thrilled to offer this opportunity for our local youth to become engaged, create a lasting impact, and have a strong voice in making our entire community a healthier place for all.
- Youth wishing to apply for the HDGH Youth Advisory Council must be between 15-19 years of age.
- Youth selected to the Advisory Council will be required to participate in our hospital Orientation process which includes Health and Safety training, Workplace Violence Prevention training, and we will require a vulnerable sector police clearance. We will also require a signed confidentiality agreement.
- No previous experience is required.
- Minimum Term of service is 1 year, maximum term is 3 years.
- Meetings to be held quarterly and attendance in person is required.
- Application deadline is May 26, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
Youth Advisory Council Application Form
We are processing your submission.
Please do not press back or refresh.
Only those selected for interview will be contacted. All others may be contacted for volunteering opportunities.