About the Youth Advisory Council
Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare (HDGH) is committed to improving the health and wellbeing of the Windsor-Essex community through the delivery of patient-centred, valued based care. Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare is a unique community hospital offering Rehabilitation Services; Mental Health & Addictions; Complex Medical and Palliative Care; and Children and Youth Mental Health Services. We offer a unique blend of services including but not limited to community and home based services. In collaboration with our healthcare and inter-sectorial partners, Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare is providing care in new ways and in new locations throughout the region to address barriers, improve access and patient outcomes and improve the overall patient experience.
It is our goal to continue to invest in the future of our community by working ahead of people getting sick and producing an overall positive impact on our entire region. In order to achieve this goal, we recognize the benefits of hearing from the voices of our future leaders: our youth. We need you to help us shape the future of healthcare in Windsor-Essex County.
Our team is excited to have launched the HDGH Youth Advisory Council. This council is made up of members, like you, who share in our dedication and vision of advancing the health of our patients and region.
Those selected to be a part of this initiative will work directly with our Executive Leadership Team, Board of Directors, and our frontline staff, to advise and provide feedback on hospital programs, services, new initiatives, and community engagement. Our Youth Advisory Council is a key part of the HDGH governance decision making process.
We recognize that our community is diverse and full of incredible young minds. We are thrilled to offer this opportunity for our local youth to become engaged, create a lasting impact, and have a strong voice in making our entire community a healthier place for all.
- Youth wishing to apply for the HDGH Youth Advisory Council must be between 15-19 years of age.
- Youth selected to the Advisory Council will be required to participate in our hospital Orientation process which includes Health and Safety training, Workplace Violence Prevention training, and we will require a vulnerable sector police clearance. We will also require a signed confidentiality agreement.
- No previous experience is required.
- Minimum Term of service is 1 year, maximum term is 3 years.
- Meetings to be held monthly and attendance in person is required.
- Application deadline is October 1, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
Applications are now closed.
Thank you to everyone who applied for the Youth Advisory Council. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. All others may be contacted for volunteering opportunities.