High School Co-op Placements
Thank you for your interest in completing a high school co-op placement at Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare! We have included some resources to help you with your placement choice and steps to complete before beginning your placement.
- Complete the high school co-op placement application form with preferred placements. See list of available placements for this session below.
- See your healthcare provider to complete the health clearance form (attached). Bring the completed health clearance form to your interview.
- Have your co-op teacher email your Credit Counseling Summary and Attendance Record to HDGH Student Placement Coordinator. See contact information below.
- The above three steps must be completed prior to an interview being granted. Your interview will be coordinated through your co-op teacher for Fall and Winter sessions or directly with the Student Placement Coordinator for Summer session.
- If you are 18 years of age or older, contact the HDGH Student Placement Coordinator to request a form to obtain a vulnerable sector police clearance.
We will be accepting applications for the Winter 2020 session until 4:00 p.m. on February 5, 2020. Interviews will take place February 7th, orientation February 13th and first day of placement will be February 18th.
This is a list of areas for which we are recruiting high school co-op students. For details about a particular placement, please select the area to view a service description.
- Volunteer Services/Gift Shop/Coffee Bar (AM or PM)
- Physiotherapy RH3 (AM, PM)
- Regional Children's Centre Marketing (AM, PM, Full Day) *NO interaction with children
- Regional Children's Centre Triple P (AM, PM, Full Day) *NO interaction with children
- Regional Children's Centre Youth Engagement (AM, PM, Full Day) *NO interaction with children
- Regional Children's Centre Administrative Assistant (AM, PM) *NO interaction with children
- Patient Assistant (AM, PM)
- Spiritual Suport - Chaplain Assistant (AM)
- Plant Operations & Maintenance (PM)
- IT Tech Support (AM, PM)
- Philanthropy & Corporate Events (AM, PM)
Student Placement Coordinator
Phone: 519.257.5111 ext. 73195