COVID-19 (NOVEL CORONAVIRUS)
Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare (HDGH) continues to maintain the safety of our patients, families, staff, and physicians as our highest priority. Visitation at HDGH has been modified to protect our patients, clients, and community. It is important to remember that individuals who are in the hospital need their rest and time to recover.
Check out our latest Letter to Patients for updates.
All individuals entering the campus must adhere to the following:
- Individuals will be screened for signs and symptoms of illness, including COVID-19, before every entry into the hospital.
- Visitors and DCPs will no longer be required to show proof of vaccine and/or proof of negative COVID-19 test result to enter an HDGH building
- Individuals with signs or symptoms of illness, as well as those in self-isolation or quarantine, shall not be granted entry.
- All visitors must wear a hospital-issued surgical mask at all times when inside an HDGH building
- All visitors must follow any contact precaution signage posted outside of patient/client rooms regarding require PPE before entering.
- Individuals are required to practice proper hand hygiene.
- Patients and DCPs are able to visit within sunrooms, atriums, cafeterias, and outdoors maintaining PPE and health and safety protocols.
- If the patient is under enhanced precautions or has tested positive for COVID-19 no DCPs/visitors will be allowed. Our Infection Prevention and Control team will contact you should your loved one be placed under these precautions.
Complex Medical Care, Palliative Care, and Rehab Units
- HDGH now welcomes all Designated Care Partners (CDPs) and general visitors:
- All patients and clients may have an unrestricted number of DCPs and general visitors (non-DCPs) with a maximum of 2 at the bedside at a time.
- Visiting hours are between 10:00 am – 7:00 pm in CMC and Rehab units
- There are no time restrictions for visiting in our Palliative Care unit
Toldo Neurobehavioural Institute (TNI) - Inpatient Mental Health and Addictions
- All patients and clients may have an unrestricted number of DCPs and general visitors (non-DCPs) with only two (2) DCPs/visitors allowed to visit at a time.
- Please note only DCPs are allowed to visit in patient rooms. General visitors must use common spaces for visits.
- Visiting hours:
- DCPs - 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., 7 days/week, holidays included.
- General Visitation - 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m., 7 days/week, holidays included; with an additional time from 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. on weekends and holidays.
Stay Connected with our Patients
We recognize the impact of isolation for patients and families during this difficult time and we are doing everything we can to help patients and loved ones stay connected. If you have a family member at HDGH, please consider alternative ways to connect with loved ones. To learn more, visit our Stay Connected page.
Infection Prevention and Control Training
Outpatient Care Visits
Patients who require a family member present for their care needs to be met will be allowed one (1) visitor. Given the episodic nature of outpatient services, the visitor in these instances may change from visit to visit. The expectation is that the visitor attending the visit will adhere to all IPAC standards and follow all instructions given by staff.
Visitors accompanying outpatients must show proof of being fully vaccinated. In the event, the patient requires assistance and does not have a vaccinated escort the hospital will assist as needed. For patients under the age of 18, one adult parent or caregiver may accompany the patient to their appointment, regardless of vaccination status. It is expected that only a small number of patients (eg. Very frail/elderly, patients with dementia, a person who is non-verbal or severely disabled, patients with advanced mental health and/or addiction, developmental delay) require a family member to be present for HDGH staff to provide care in these circumstances.