Family Presence and Visiting Philosophy
Changes to Visting Hours due to COVID-19
The safety and security of our Windsor-Essex community, our patients, and staff here at Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare is our top priority. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 developments and continue to work together based on the most current direction from the provincial Medical Officer of Health and the Government of Canada.
At this time, visitors are restricted to only those patients who require end-of-life care, or those who have been assigned a Designated Care Partner.
Please visit hdgh.org/patientvisitation for more information on our Patient Visitation Plan.
To learn more about COVID-19, please visit hdgh.org/coronavirus.
- People who are in the hospital need their rest and time to recover. We encourage you to visit and participate in the recovery and to also support the needs of the patient during quiet time, especially after their therapy sessions.
- All visitors must be free of contagious diseases, infections or flu like symptoms and must respect the hospital's (posted) Infection control alerts. If you are sick please do not to visit!
- Washing your hands is the simplest way to prevent infections and illness from spreading in the hospital. We recommend that all visitors and staff perform proper hand hygiene with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer before entering and exiting the patient room and the patient care unit. All family and visitors are also requested to refrain from using scented products.
- The number of visitors that a patient should have at any one time should be limited to two (2), to be considerate to other patients and the staff members. (Other visitors may wait in patient lounge areas or lobby and rotate turns). Special arrangements can be made for larger family group visits and must be prearranged with the unit manager.
- Visitors must be mindful and sensitive to the needs of roommates, other patients and the staff members by keeping noise and disruption to a minimum.
- Children under the age of 14 should be accompanied and supervised by an adult (other than the patient) at all times.
- Pet Visitation: We recognize the healing benefits of pet visitation. Dogs are the only personal pets permitted for pet visitation at Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare. For the safety, health and comfort of all patients, families and staff, pet visits must be arranged with the unit manager prior to your arrival. A Personal Pet Visitation Form and Release from Liability Form must be completed before the visit and include proof of immunization with evidence of flea/tick program, certification of good health and proper hygiene.
- Balloons: Since latex balloons cause severe allergies in some people, they are not allowed in Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare. Mylar balloons are safe and can be sent.
- Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare is a smoke free campus and smoking is not permitted on the grounds or in the buildings.
- HDGH is a scent-safe organization. Scented products can cause allergic reactions and respiratory distress for other patients, visitors and staff. We ask that you please do not use any scented products, such as perfume, cologne, aftershave, scented body sprays, lotions, or powders, hair sprays, gels, mousse, hair conditioners or shampoos, or deodorants/antiperspirants during your visit or stay and that instead you use fragrance-free or scent-free alternatives.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi services are available. The username and password will be displayed on your login screen.
- For privacy reasons cell phones are restricted in some patient areas. Look for Cell Phone Restricted signs.
- Parking: All visitors in lots A, B, D, and M must display a 'pay and display ticket' or a monthly parking pass. This applies to all designated Accessible Parking Permit spots as well. View our parking information for complete details.
HDGH Public Parking Lot Guide:
B - Casgrain Building (AC), Tayfour Building (TR), Community Psychiatric Hospital (CPH), Toldo Building (SMH)
D - Emara Building (MP)
F - RCC Huot (HU), RCC Residence (WR), RCC New Gym/Pool (WP/WG)*
G - RCC Glengarda (GL)*
K - Withdrawal Management (WM)*
M - Casgrain Building (AC), East Wing Building (EW), Tayfour Building (TR)
*Please note that parking at the Regional Children's Centre Lot F, Glengarda Lot G, and Withdrawal Management Lot K properties is restricted to clients of those agencies; unauthorized use by others will result in ticketing and/or towing.
- Cafeteria services are available in the Courtyard Café located on the first floor of the Tayfour Tower, and the In Honour Café located on the first floor of the Dr. Y. Emara Centre for Healthy Aging and Mobility. Please note that hours of operation are subject to change.
Courtyard Café Cafeteria Hours:
Weekdays 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Closed Weekends & Holidays
In Honour Café Cafeteria Hours:
Weekdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Closed Weekends and Holidays
- Outside of regular cafeteria hours, two coffee bars operated by Volunteer Services offer a variety of hot and cold beverages and light snacks. Please note that hours of operation are subject to change due to volunteer availability.
Courtyard Cafe Coffee Bar Hours:
Weekdays 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Weekends 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
In Honour Cafe Coffee Bar Hours:
Weekdays 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Weekends 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- For your convenience, vending machines are available on the first floor of both the Emara and Tayfour buildings, offering a variety of food and snack items, as well as a selection of beverages.
- Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare understands the challenges that many families face when illness or injury interrupts the schedule of our daily lives. We are happy to offer the opportunity for family members and guests to "dine in" with their loved one at their bedside or patient lounge. Guest Meal Vouchers can be purchased for $8.00 each at any cafeteria or coffee bar. Orders are taken until 6:00 p.m. daily by calling the Guest Meal Tray Service hotline (73463) from any hospital phone, or by calling (519) 257-5111 ext. 73463 from an outside line. Your Guest Meal Tray will be delivered to you when your family member receives their meal. Please provide your voucher with attached register receipt to the tray delivery staff member when you receive your meal.