The Centre for Problem Gambling and Digital Dependency has three components, which include treatment, education/prevention and research.
- Comprehensive Assessments, Individual counseling, Pre-Treatment Groups, Treatment Groups, Aftercare Groups, Family Workshops and Telephone counseling.
- The Centre for Problem Gambling and Digital Dependency provides educational presentations, workshops, seminars, and training for professionals with a related interest as well as the community at large. We also act as an information resource with a comprehensive library including audio and videotapes and print materials.
- Centre for Problem Gambling and Digital Dependency resource library has a comprehensive inventory of research articles from all over the world along with an up-to-date scientific journal devoted solely to Problem Gambling. Students and interested individuals can view any of this information at our location.
- The residential program is a structured 21-day closed cycle. Program components include individual and group therapy, understanding anger, change and goal setting, stress reduction, defense mechanisms, meditation, recreation/exercise, identifying and understanding feelings, communication styles, relapse prevention, art therapy and spirituality.
For the Gambler
- The Centre for Problem Gambling and Digital Dependency offers a full range of treatment options for those experiencing problems due to their own gambling. Services offered include individual counseling, group counseling, day treatment, residential treatment and aftercare services.
For the Family
- At the Centre for Problem Gambling and Digital Dependency we understand how difficult it can be when someone you love gambles. Our services for family and friends are designed to offer support and education through individual and group counseling programs. A two-day family workshop is also offered for those interested in developing a better understanding of gambling addiction.
- The Centre for Problem Gambling and Digital Dependency offers full service programming specifically designed for 55+ adults and their families. Our specialized 55+ program includes individual assessments, individual and group counselling, couples and family support, residential/day treatment, aftercare services, support and information, consultation and referral and community prevention and awareness education.