The Centre for Problem Gambling and Digital Dependency has three components, which include treatment and education/prevention.
- Comprehensive Assessments, Individual counselling, Pre-Treatment Groups, Treatment Groups, Aftercare Groups, and Family Workshops.
- The Centre for Problem Gambling and Digital Dependency provides educational presentations, workshops, seminars, and training for professionals with a related interest as well as the community at large.
- The residential program is a structured 21-day closed cycle. Program components include individual and group therapy,and covers subjects that include but are not limited to addiction therapy, understanding anger, change and goal setting, stress reduction, defense mechanisms, meditation, recreation/exercise, identifying and understanding feelings, communication styles, relapse prevention, art therapy and spirituality. A 6-day refresher program is also available to those who have completed the 21-day program and need to brush up on some skills and optimize their recovery journey.
For the Gambler or Digitally Dependent
- The Centre for Problem Gambling and Digital Dependency offers a full range of treatment options for those experiencing problems due to their own gambling or digital dependencies. Services offered include individual counseling, group counseling, day treatment, residential treatment and aftercare services.
For the Family
- At the Centre for Problem Gambling and Digital Dependency, we understand how difficult it can be when someone you love gambles or struggles with digital dependency. Our services for family and friends are designed to offer support and education through individual and group counseling programs. A two-day family retreat weekend is also offered for those interested in developing a better understanding of gambling and/or digital dependency.
- Please call 519.254.2112 for further information and the upcoming date of Family Retreats.
- The Centre for Problem Gambling and Digital Dependency offers full-service programming specifically designed for 55+ adults and their families. Our specialized 55+ program includes individual assessments, individual and group counselling, couples and family support, residential/day treatment, aftercare services, support and information, consultation and referral, and community prevention and awareness education.